jeezlouisexo: The £3 MAC Lipstick Dupe You Need

Monday 5 June 2017

The £3 MAC Lipstick Dupe You Need

After recently having a little clear out of my makeup, I stumbled across a lipstick I bought a few months ago and seemingly forgot about (oops)

Makeup Revolution brought out a range of rose gold lippies a while ago in *I think* 5 shades, I picked up the shade Chauffeur just for the packaging, not really expecting anything of it since it was only £3. On closer inspection and a million swatches later, I realised how similar the shade was to a couple of MAC lipsticks I own.

The packaging itself does look very alike, besides the rose gold which I absolutely love! The MUR lipstick does feel 'cheap' but that's expected for the price, but it looks beautiful on any vanity/dressing table. I definitely think MUR have opened a lot of doors for bloggers who might be on a budget and can't afford to be spending £15 a pop on a lipstick. 

Chauffeur is such a wearable shade, perfect for everyday and suits most skin tones. The formula is described as being a high-gloss but I'd say it's more of a matte finish. I've compared it to MAC's Half n Half which is an amplified finish, and MAC's Velvet Teddy which has a matte finish. I'd definitely say MUR Chauffeur has a finish that sits in the middle of these two lipsticks, it isn't too glossy or matte so is perfect for everyday use!

To anyone blogging on a budget, I'd definitely recommend this lipstick. It has great staying power and while it swatches with quite a sheer finish, it is buildable so it's easy to achieve your desired look. It's an amazing lipstick that rivals the high-end brands and is only £3!!





3 comments:

  1. I bought this because it's quite similar to velvet teddy and honey love. Not quite as long lasting but still impressive for a few quid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Makeup Revolution shade is so pretty, definitely one I'd love to try. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so beautiful! Definitely need to be trying that out ☺️

    ReplyDelete