jeezlouisexo: Birchbox March 2017

Monday 20 March 2017

Birchbox March 2017

Hello everyone, I hope you're well! I recently shared my thoughts on March's Glossybox, which you can read here. But today I have an unboxing/review of this month's Birchbox. This month, they're celebrating the original Birchbox, originally founded in the US over 6 years ago! The box arrived in a very plain kraft box which I really like, simple is sometimes better. So without further ado, let's get into the box!

Balance Me Instant Lift Primer £22
The first product in the box is this primer which is designed to smooth out any harsh lines or wrinkles while also making your skin look pore-less and more youthful. It's made with 99% natural ingredients, including hyaluronic acid and acacia gum which tightens the skin for a smoother finish. I noticed recently that Iv'e got quite large pores on my cheeks so I will definitely be trying this out to see if it helps to reduce them! 

Amika Style Extending Spray £20
First of all, this packaging is so groovy! This is basically a spray to protect your hair from the elements, keeping your perfect style intact and no frizz in sight! I'm one of those girls with such awkward hair that no style ever stays for more than an hour and I end up with a frizzy mess if it's even slightly humid outside so hopefully this works wonders for me! 

Korres Santorini Vine Shower Gel £8
Up next is a shower gel from Korres. Packed full of wheat proteins that moisturise while cleaning. It smells absolutely gorgeous, a very fresh scent which I always think makes you feel more clean. I think it has bit of a hefty price tag for a shower gel but I never usually pay more than £5. I can't wait to see if this is actually worth the money!

Bobbi Brown Multi-Mask Kit £33 each
The next products are sample sizes of face masks from Bobbi Brown. They even came in their own little pouch which I thought was super cute. Their all different so you can mix and match to target the areas that need it most. I have combination skin so I'll be trying to get rid of any oiliness with the Instant Detox mask, and get rid of my dry patches with the Skin Nourish mask. I think they're a bit pricey at £33 for one mask so I probably wouldn't repurchase but I'll definitely try them out to see if they work!

Benefit They're Real Double the Lip £16.50
I've definitely saved the best product till last and it is the new Double The Lip lipstick from Benefit. I was so excited when I saw this would be in the box and even more so when I got to pick the shade I'd receive. I opted for Lusty Rose instead of Pink Thrills and I'm so happy I did. The lipstick has a teardrop design with a lip liner (dark pink) and the lipstick (light pink) which makes it super easy to apply to your lips. It's not as pigmented as I thought it'd be and does have a sheer/satin finish but is a gorgeous shade! I'm so excited to try this out and see how long it lasts on the lips!

Overall, I'm very happy with this month's box, it features a good variety of products including that new release from Benefit. I'll be trying all these products out but I probably won't repurchase some of them since they are so expensive. But it'll be nice to see if they are worth the money.

I hope you enjoyed reading! If you like the look of these products and would like to subscribe to Birchbox, click here.
Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. If you could only pick one between Birchbox and Glossybox, which one do you think is the best overall? Kinda want to subscribe and don't know which to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably have to say Birchbox for now, because I've been subscribed for over a year! But so far Glossybox has been good, they're both a similar price too! X

      Delete