jeezlouisexo: Makeup Collection: Lipsticks

Thursday 27 April 2017

Makeup Collection: Lipsticks

Hey everyone, welcome to the final post in my makeup collection series!
I hope you've enjoyed reading so far! Today I'll be talking about some of my favourite lipsticks. It was really quite hard for me to pick just a handful of lipsticks and I noticed a couple of them were basically the same colour, but who doesn't love a good nude right?!

MAC Amplified Lipstick - Half 'n Half
First up is a lipstick from MAC, one of the first I ever bought and it's still going strong! It's in the shade Half 'n Half which I've found is very similar to Velvet Teddy, just with a slightly glossier finish. The staying power is amazing, and I can wear this all day and not have to top up which is great! This lipstick is the perfect nude for an everyday makeup look and one of my go-to lippies!

Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick - Dolce K
Another perfect nude for everyday is Dolce K from Kylie Jenner's makeup range. I really like the formula of this liquid lipstick, it's not too matte that it dries your lips out but it has really good staying power! I bought this as a kit, so I received the lip liner to match and I have to say it's one of the best lip liners I've ever used! The only issue I've had is the customs fees when ordering from Kylie Cosmetics with it being from America, but it's definitely worth it!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - London
This is my first and only product from NYX and I have used this to death! It's what I usually wear when I'm trying to achieve that 'no-makeup' look. The consistency of this lip cream baffled me at first, because it's like nothing I've ever tried before. It doesn't have as good a staying power as other matte lipsticks, but the pigmentation is great and it smells amazing too! I keep meaning to buy more shades but for now I'll be sticking to my trusty London shade!

Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial
As far as I know, these gloss/lacquer have actually been discontinued now (correct me if I'm wrong) but this light pink shade is one of my favourites, I usually wear this over a brown-nude lip liner and the mix of the two colours gives a lovely natural shade. They are, however, a little bit sticky so I sometimes dust a bit of translucent powder over the top to try and mattify it a little.

MAC Glaze Lipstick - Hot Tahiti
Just like the NYX lip cream, this is definitely one of my holy grail lip products. It's a glaze finish, so has a sheer glossy look to it but is a gorgeous dark pink. I wore this lipstick to death in Autumn/Winter and will probably do the same this year! It doesn't last as long on the lips as the matte lipsticks do but is still an absolutely gorgeous shade!

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick - Smitten
Just like the name suggests, this lipstick is party proof! I have worn this on so many nights out and it's lasted all night which is impressive to say the least! It doesn't have a fully matte finish, so does transfer when kissing but doesn't lose any pigment which is fab! A gorgeous deep red that is actually darker when worn on the lips, it's also perfect in the Winter months to give a bit of edge to your look!

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream - Rioja Red
Last but not least, a new favourite of mine. I discovered this lippie after seeing Rachel Leary talking about it in one of her YouTube videos, and it looked absolutely stunning! It's a beautiful true red, and the pigmentation is incredible. I have noticed that it doesn't last very long while eating, but drinking doesn't affect it so it's great for a night out. This has fast become a staple in my makeup bag!

So that concludes my makeup collection, I hope you've enjoyed reading! What's your favourite lipstick? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Apocalips for the win! The red shade is the one I use for a night out. I also like the provocalips range from Rimmel, it's so long lasting! I so desperately want to try the Kylie range though ❤
    Love Lily xo www.essentiallylily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. London is my favourite from the soft matte lip creams! Such a beautiful everyday nude

    ReplyDelete