jeezlouisexo: Blogmas Day 13 | A Look Back At 2016

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Blogmas Day 13 | A Look Back At 2016


Welcome to day 13 of Blogmas. I can't believe there's less than 2 weeks to Christmas! 

While 2016 hasn't been a busy year for me personally, I feel like a lot has happened in the world. There's been so many celebrity deaths, and I know everyone has to die eventually, but it's so heartbreaking seeing so many of your favourite actors/singers pass. If that wasn't bad enough, there's been a lot of drama between some countries.

Politics seems to have gone mad this year, what with the UK leaving the EU, and Donald Trump as President of the US. I don't know much about politics but I know that will never end well! I voted Leave in the UK referendum and I know it'll probably be a few years before anything actually comes of it, I still stick by my decision. 

For the second year, Ross and I went to Leeds Festival. The shuttle bus service was organised so badly and I might have had to travel home on the first day because we forgot half our stuff, but I had an absolute whale of a time. We got to see Biffy Clyro, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and so many others. Every band we saw were amazing and I would definitely go see all of them again!

This year, I moved into a house with Ross. It might have been extremely stressful at the time but I'm very happy with the cosy home we have now. We decided to take our relationship to the next level and adopted our dog Dexter! I can't tell you enough how much love we have for him, and how much our house feels like a home now that we have him! Ross and I also celebrated our 4 year anniversary, and while we didn't go overboard with celebrating and gifts, it was nice to just spend a few days off work with him watching our favourite movies and just enjoying each others' company.

In October I decided to start blogging. I had blogged for a few months this time last year but wasn't in a good place mentally so I went on hiatus. I decided to revamp my whole blog and start afresh, which was a great decision. I've enjoyed blogging so much so far and am already part of a blogger Whatsapp group chat! 

I'm going to be posting my hopes and aspirations for 2017 soon, hopefully it's a good year!


No comments:

Post a Comment